Sunday, March 9, 2008

Politics and Nonprofits

In case you haven't noticed lately, I haven't been blogging very much lately. There is a reason for this.

I work for two separate nonprofit organizations. I'm paid by one; seconded to the other. Well, I got an e-mail from the first that was sent to the entire organization warning us that we could endanger our IRS tax-status if we use the organization's name or resources to endorse political canidates.

So let me set the record strait:
  1. My personal views do not come from my work with either of the organizations I work for.
  2. The two nonprofits have not asked me to do any political work on their behalf.
  3. The two nonprofits are strictly apolitical.
  4. From this time on, none of their resources will be used for political commentary on this blog. That includes time, computers, and e-mail.
  5. Any political contents on this blog will be a result of my own time and efforts without endorsement of either nonprofit.

I should be a lawyer.

No comments: