I work for two separate nonprofit organizations. I'm paid by one; seconded to the other. Well, I got an e-mail from the first that was sent to the entire organization warning us that we could endanger our IRS tax-status if we use the organization's name or resources to endorse political canidates.
So let me set the record strait:
- My personal views do not come from my work with either of the organizations I work for.
- The two nonprofits have not asked me to do any political work on their behalf.
- The two nonprofits are strictly apolitical.
- From this time on, none of their resources will be used for political commentary on this blog. That includes time, computers, and e-mail.
- Any political contents on this blog will be a result of my own time and efforts without endorsement of either nonprofit.
I should be a lawyer.