Monday, January 28, 2008

Fred Thompson Quits Presidential Race

I salute you, sir! And thank you for running.

Fred Thompson Quits Presidential Race

My candidate didn't win. Too bad. I really like Fred Thompson and his ideas. Who will I endorse next? I'm not sure yet. I'll need to do some research and thinking.

So, why did he not succeed. Well, lots of reasons have been suggested. Part of it is though the properties of self-fulfilling prophecies. What do I mean? During primaries, voters want candidates that can win the general election. Therefore, they support "leading" candidates. Therefore, candidates who are labelled as "also rans" from the get-go have a hard time getting support. Therefore, they never lead. It's a vicious cycle.

Dear Mr. Thompson. Thank you! We need a conservative voice more than ever and I am glad someone had the guts to speak.

No comments: